Posted 2003-08-01 14:37:52 by
In case you haven't been paying attention to the updates, Homestar Runner has put out a set of character figurines. I bought them on Day Zero and they're now standing next to Mario on top of my work computer. By popular request, here's a review of the set:
They're decent quality work. About the same material and paint quality as the figures you get out of a vending machine for 50 cents, but bigger than will fit in those plastic bubbles.
- Strong Bad, Bubs, Strong Sad and Marzipan all translate well into 3D and look about how I expected.
- Homestar has an inexplicable grimace.
- Strong Mad has an unpleasant-looking seam around the top of his head/shoulders.
- Coach Z leans forward all the time. Presumably he's being weighted down by his bling bling.
- Pom Pom and The Cheat do not translate well into 3D and only look correct from directly in front. Pom Pom's head is too far forward from any other direction, and The Cheat is just... really oddly-shaped.
- Homsar, The Poopsmith, and The King of Town are all missing entirely.
So the execution isn't perfect, but that's more than made up for by the content. They're sold out at the moment, but they were great and you should've gone and bought them.