|march microblog digest|
Posted 2009-04-01 18:07:27 by
Archived from http://twitter.com/mogwai_poet:
- http://bit.ly/OxrEd -- I use YouTube video annotations to break down that DS-10 track I posted earlier.
- http://bit.ly/3x3QEz -- "Chimpanzees aren't bad, they just don't adhere to the human moral code." Isn't that the definition of "bad"?
- http://bit.ly/I1P97 -- Buy his $20k album and Josh Freese will write two songs about you. The $75k album, he'll join your band for a month.
- http://bit.ly/jxZG1 -- "If you suffer from an overwhelming sense of dread, then you could be at risk to exposure to flying polyps."
- http://bit.ly/yvyDL -- Hunh. "Escalate" is a back-formation from "escalator," which is a registered trademark!
- http://bit.ly/ZvzP -- The new "A Life Well Wasted" is about collectors, including bits about the Pinball Museum I'd discussed earlier.
- Been playing Stuntman: Ignition recently, and have been instinctively going for near-miss bonuses on fences and trash cans while jogging.
- Also, ended my jog near El Cerrito Natural grocery, so figured I'd go shopping. Forgot that I left my wallet at home to stay light.
- http://bit.ly/oqOp -- Like wearing an echidna.
- http://bit.ly/WfGar -- Too early to really tell, but we might be looking at "Poochy"-grade culture-altering satire with this series.
- Am I reading this right? The only way to defrag an ext3 filesystem is to convert it to ext2 first?
- Wikipedia: "501 Urhixidur is a relatively large (ranked 372nd by IRAS) main belt asteroid." Google: "Did you mean to search for: hinder"
- CutePDF wants me to disable Vista's User Account Control in order to install. Seriously, that's the way you want to play it?
- @phetus Feel free to hit me up on IM with questions about it.
- The mixing is rough, and I still need to find a squeaky Japanese girl to write lyrics and sing, but: http://bit.ly/njd1x
- Rockstar sent me a physical "key to Liberty City" for 100%ing GTA IV. Timed perfectly to get me in the mood for the DLC episode. Clever!
- Not *quite* Watchmen Babies: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/485797
- http://bit.ly/VjvMK -- The key is actually really classy. And it's pretty amazing to have a physical token representing the time I invested.
- http://bit.ly/AacAB -- Ogod. This was my stylistic template for Rimushotto Bungie Jump, and listening again reminds me just how much I suck.
- @phetus I've never tried multitrack recording with FL, but you pick the time signature in the project general settings.
- Accidentally printed my tickets to Watchmen on festive birthday card stock. Hope the ticket taker doesn't think it's a weird fanboyism.
- Cleaned up the mix a bit and gated the snare. I think I'm done, at least until a vocal part falls into my lap: http://bit.ly/3wTlxK
- corners = [[y & 2**x and 1 for x in xrange(dimensions)] for y in xrange(2**dimensions)] -- Python has hex() and oct() but no bin() :(
- www.tinyurl.com/c9qq2n -- "Why do Cars have windows and seats? It?s like the people stepped out just before the film was made. It?s spooky."
- Watchmen was good. Effectively told the same story. Rorschach translated well. Choreographed, protracted fight/sex scenes detracted a lot.
- The "I'm not locked in here with you; you're locked in here with me" line got a big laugh, which I thought was weird.
- Lease is up at the end of the month. I could renew, wouldn't be so bad, but I think I can do better. Know anyone looking for a roommate?
- Oh man, I just found out that Star Foster died in 2006. I've really lost touch with the Interactive Fiction crowd.
- http://bit.ly/sOvBB -- Light gun games may have just, uh, what do you call the opposite of "jumped the shark"?
- @wootheweb Dissatisfaction with the status quo is a crucial component of the human mind. If amazement stuck, we'd still be living in caves.
- http://bit.ly/UWqoB -- Leaked story meeting transcript for Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- Wells Fargo Bill Pay just sent my landlord a second rent check for this month. Thanks, Wells Fargo!
- NES Title screen arrangement of Rimushotto Bungie J.U.M.P.: http://bit.ly/QGx1c
- Notepad can edit C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts, but cmd.exe and emacs can't. And they're behaving correctly: the file doesn't exist.
- Rsync under cygwin says: "mkdir "/cygdrive/c/home/jim/./\#015" failed" -- #015 is a carriage return. I bet this is a CRLF issue.
- WTF, Hatebeak doesn't play live? You might as well record your toilet flushing and say the toilet is fronting your band.
- http://bit.ly/f7Iji -- 73-year-old actress Keiko Awaji is afraid she won't get to play enough Dragon Quest before she dies.
- http://bit.ly/W5jXg -- Nick Montfort interview about his book on the Atari 2600. (The title is a reference to its lack of a framebuffer)
- Paraphrase: "People still make Atari 2600 games? Why?" "Why does somebody write a sonnet? They're interested in what it is as a form."
- http://bit.ly/z1iAm -- Jordan Mechner edits a playthrough of his brilliant, should've-been-seminal "The Last Express" into a 75 minute movie
- Took a wrong turn whilst jogging and got lost on a filigree of highway on- and off-ramps. "Pedestrians prohibited" signs at every turn!
- Trying Burnout Paradise. It's played the first 30 seconds of "Paradise City" about eight times; no sign of gameplay yet. Three out of ten.
- http://bit.ly/FOQYW -- 2 gig mp3 player for $16! Way cheaper than replacing the battery on the mp3 player I only use for podcasts anyways.
- @sugigrl Heard good things about TweetDeck. It freezes up for me, but maybe the Mac version would treat you better.
- @Lena_ They actually just recently added race restarts in a patch. That's one reason I'd been reluctant to pick it up before.
- "Microsoft's Windows NT operating system uses an embedded Prolog interpreter to configure its local and wide-area network systems." -- Hunh!
- dfan at Harmonix says: "Just checked in code that made the Beatles game twice as fun."
- When you go idle in Burnout Paradise it plays classical top 40 (e.g. Moonlight Sonata and The Aquarium). Wish I could listen while driving.
- http://bit.ly/1bDCw2 -- Birds flocking around power lines.
- "There's a recording of Aquarium featuring virtuoso harmonica player Tommy Reilly ... hired by mistake instead of a glass armonica player."
- "Tip: These results do not include the word 'old'." -- So, what, does Google think I just type "old" at random, a nervous tic perhaps?
- http://bit.ly/5SJTS -- "Houses with views." Don't think I'd actually want to *live* in any of these places. It'd be like camping all year.
- http://bit.ly/l16lS -- Never got the complaint that RE5 is too close to RE4. Co-op isn't a world-changing distinction? Opinion disqualified.
- http://bit.ly/wL0Se -- I don't think the Advice Dog meme is ever going to top this.
- Visited Noisebridge (http://bit.ly/dy2od) with Molly. Quinn Norton (http://bit.ly/j6bPW) and her daughter watched us play Boggle.
- Also went on a three hour walk around The Mission and nearby parks. San Francisco has some pretty stupendous parks.
- Tank Hill was a highlight. 240 degrees of this: http://bit.ly/4B80 http://bit.ly/3iyAo
- Game Genie on steroids: http://bit.ly/H30uD -- the FCEUX NES emulator now supports LUA scripting.
- GCC seems to be *trying* to implement decltype (a.k.a. typeof) but chokes on templated types. Or I'm an idiot? http://codepad.org/qo6zkZWS
- That $17 MP3 player runs on AAAs. I just *assumed* internal rechargables. But it has a neat keychain attachment, so I'll call it a wash!
- http://bit.ly/u8m87 -- "The local government actually supports the entertainment industry ... San Francisco: You got served. By *Texas*."
- http://bit.ly/Lvvrz -- Out of the Game podcast. Amazing lineup: Robert Ashley, N'Gai Croal, Shawn Elliott, Jeff Green, Luke Smith.
- Hunh. Facebook got my latest Twitter post, but Twitter itself lost it? Anyway, listen to this not-about-gaming podcast: http://bit.ly/Lvvrz
- Scary factoid of the day from Shawn Elliott: "World of Warcraft is what everyone in game design plays, night after night after night."
- http://bit.ly/m6eT -- Interesting-looking Deus Ex mod for serious Deus Ex fans. And what other kind of Deus Ex fan is there, nowadays?
- Hm. I've had a dark red spot on my left middle toe for like a month now. I think it's kicking the inside of my shoe whilst I'm jogging.
- Found a recording of that performance of Aquarium that subbed in a harmonica for a glass armonica. Sounds just as goofy as you're imagining.
- Jeff Green: "Back in high school, Black Sabbath was this evil forbidden fruit ... Listen to it now, and it's like the Yu-Gi-Oh! of metal."
- Phew! I'd been worrying, as I was working up to it, that Bookworm Adventures wouldn't accept "ratatouilles."
- Twitter has lost several of my posts now. Is this a known facet of Twitter's appalling unreliability, or a fresh, new one?
- As someone who's ascended every class: Nethack's floating eyes are bullshit. They test a skill completely orthogonal to its core skill set.
- http://bit.ly/v7E6 -- "The Bayer company is refusing to talk about a fatal accident at a West Virginia plant, citing a 2002 terrorism law."
- http://bit.ly/QhLEI -- "I kind of don?t like the game. This is not a criticism. If anything, it?s the highest compliment I could pay it."
- I am really digging the scoring system of The Club. The rest of the game could go.
- Trying to think of the origin of the combo/multiplier system The Club uses. Maybe Super Mario Bros, actually.
- http://bit.ly/c2mIi - "For hours, GTA 4 doesn't make you do anything illegal or even put a gun in your hands. This is not GTA. It's better."
- Finally got around to remastering the cover of Auld Lang Syne that we recorded over at Alex's place on New Year's. http://bit.ly/FpIOq
- Finally cut together the music video for The Free Software Song via Microsoft Songsmith. Lip-syncing proved problematic: http://bit.ly/AvzN
- Primer presents itself as a puzzle box movie, and it's solvable, but the solution isn't satisfying. You're better off just absorbing it.
- Hm. No idea how the ".NET Framework Assistant" Firefox extension got installed. And the "Uninstall" button is greyed out. Hax!
- Every time you wonder why people act the way they do, consider how the behavior would be beneficial to the East-African Plains Ape.
- http://bit.ly/aTS1 -- Theory: zombies resonate because our species internalized "looks human but isn't" to make war between tribes palatable
- http://bit.ly/13u409 -- Can't make a living at it, but I guess "pro pinball player" sounds better than "retired and plays pinball all day."
- http://bit.ly/FDiT -- Eliezer Yudkowsky Facts: "Eliezer Yudkowsky made a mistake once, but only so he could calibrate his confidence level."
- When Zack asked "Did he just hit 80?" I initially interpreted him as meaning "age 80." I'm pleased with my budding dissociation from WoW.
- http://bit.ly/3Rrxk3 -- New Fez trailer.
- HFS, Pearl Jam's "Ten" is out as Rock Band DLC today: http://bit.ly/bbi6Y
- Breaking news from GDC: Legend of Zelda railroad simulator announced. Buh?
- Just got back from Ultimate Frisbee. First time I've played a team sport in over a decade. Was pretty incredible.
- Faceplanted! Face is fine; shoulder still hurts. I think I'm okay, but I should get a cast anyways, to pick up chicks with.
- http://bit.ly/uec9 -- "A battle between a pride of lions, a herd of buffalo, and 2 crocodiles at a watering hole in Kruger National Park"
- In 2003, middle-schooler strip-searched by school officials looking for Ibuprofen. Lawsuit just hit the Supreme Court: http://bit.ly/1ZiG9p
- Oh thank god, Blender magazine just went down. Now I can stop worrying they'll send me to collections for the subscription I never asked for
- GDC developer's choice awards: http://bit.ly/15VZB -- I don't agree with everything, but it all makes sense except LBP for Game Design.
- http://bit.ly/18V7uX -- Windows Movie maker is good for exactly one music video; now everyone else has to use something else.
- Takeshi's Challenge (http://bit.ly/14MQzW) coming to Wii VC In Japan. Hope they pull a Sin & Punishment and release it here as an "import."
- http://bit.ly/16QE4Z -- Blizzard is training a generation of gamers to believe in the Monte Carlo fallacy.
- Adhering to strict design principles for purely theoretical gain is a *hobby*. Don't advocate CSS-for-layout as if it's actually important.
- http://bit.ly/2ohmdd -- "I have gone a wooing to several gentlemen" I wonder if my IM logs will read like poetry in 200 years.
- Look, I know it's in my name, and I just said the word "poetry," but if you're following me looking for poems you're gonna be disappointed.
- http://bit.ly/VUUrw -- "How many people do you know whose vacations were ruined because they were eaten by undetected gorillas?"
- http://bit.ly/MUJg -- 2009 IGF winners announced. You know what would be awesome? If they gave awards to indie games you can actually play.
- Looking for a clip of a no-name blues or blues rock band on Youtube. Ideally from public access TV. Any pointers?
- Next question; different project: what canceled, rumored or Japan-only GBA game would get the ROM scene really fired up if it were leaked?
- Sometimes I wish there were a web service like Twitter where I could write several paragraphs to back up my 140-character assertions.
- http://bit.ly/2xvYxW -- Goombas.org update wherein I try to figure out why I like jogging better than DDR.
- Still haven't found a good no-name blues band video. But I did find this: http://bit.ly/sp5ul
- http://bit.ly/Pg50w -- "In Join Or Die, I paint myself having sex with the Presidents of the United States in chronological order."
- http://bit.ly/bdKc0 -- I think this person may be the only one to ever use Twitter for its intended purpose.
- http://bit.ly/2eozw1 -- "... a service called Omegle, which instantly puts you in a one-on-one chat with an anonymous stranger. I tried it."
- http://bit.ly/XoHrG -- Someone at Sony pulls the wrong lever and drops the price on the Playstation not in desperate need a price drop.
- @phetus Would be perfect if the lighting were just a little cheesier, the camerawork a little sloppier, and the video a little grainier.
| Posted by Anonymous (Jonh Smith) on 2017-12-05 15:04:35 |
Best Quickbooks Support Number @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
Quickbooks Help @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
Quickbooks Support @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
Quickbooks Support Number @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
Quickbooks Support Phone Number @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
Quickbooks Tech Support Number @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
Quickbooks Tech Support Phone Number @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
Quickbooks Technical Support Number @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
Quickbooks Technical Support Phone Number @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
Quickbooks Customer Support Number @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
| Posted by Anonymous (Jonh Smith) on 2017-12-05 15:12:02 |
Best Sage Support Number @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
Sage Help @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
Sage Support @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
Sage Support Number @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
Sage Support Phone Number @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
Sage Tech Support Number @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
Sage Tech Support Phone Number @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
Sage Technical Support Number @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
Sage Technical Support Phone Number @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
Sage Customer Support Number @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
| Posted by Anonymous (Jonh Smith) on 2017-12-05 15:29:09 |
Best Quicken Support Number @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/
Quicken Help @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/
Quicken Support @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/
Quicken Support Number @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/
Quicken Support Phone Number @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/
Quicken Tech Support Number @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/
Quicken Tech Support Phone Number @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/
Quicken Technical Support Number @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/
Quicken Technical Support Phone Number @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/
Quicken Customer Support Number @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/